Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Trust Factor (Relationships and Love)

What happens when trust has been shattered? How does the relationship go on? Can you still be with that person?
I was just thinking of my own relationship. It's been a great one for 3 years. I trust him and he trusts me...we get along great and all that mushy love stuff...but how would our relationship change if the trust somehow was to be broken? I've seen folks that have stayed together for years despite the sneaking around, the cheating, and the flirting of the other person. I always wondered about that? What makes a person stay? Would I be able to do that? Would we still have a relationship? If for some reason I believed that I could no longer trust the man I love there is so much to weigh here. Would the love we share be able to just overcome? Would the time spent together as a couple out weigh the broken trust? Or would I have the strength to just walk away because I don't feel comfortable with not knowing what is really going on all the time? 
The first thing that would happen is the pain. The constant hurt in knowing that someone did something to betray you. Then there is the disappointment. There's guilt and then anger...so I'd have to ask myself, "is this how I want to endure?" Because these things don't go away...once the trust is broken then you can't just go back to thinking everything is back to normal again...Why do I want to wake up everyday wondering what the other person is doing when that was not an issue before...why do I want to constantly analyze their every word and wonder if it's a lie...why the hell would anyone want to be in a relationship like that? The other side of the coin is  you love the person madly, dearly and you've built things together. You put in so much time in getting to know him or her and vice versa and I know Love overcomes but...damn love hurts like hell too...
Well, if anyone has opinions on this please feel free to comment. This is just a way to further understand how we all think and go about our everyday lives. Stay tuned for the next Simplee Random Thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment