Friday, June 17, 2011

The Passing....

Yesterday when we were younger you were my best friend for life
Today I held your hand for the last time.
Yesterday we laughed at the silliest of jokes
Today I didn't hear you speak.
Yesterday we walked together in the rain
Today I sat by your bedside.
Yesterday we made plans for years to come
Today your time came to an end.....


As you take your last breathe and see your last vision and think that last thought I pray that your passing is one surrounded by comforting hands of the angels above.
I don't know what I am going to do now that you are gone and I don't know what I should say to our friends and our families because it hurts to talk right now. 
I'm not really sure how to cope with your loss as I go thru the things that you once claimed as yours. And I don't know what to keep or what to give away because I don't want to let go. I'm not familiar with what to do with your passing on to the other side.
I'm sure you will watch over me as I sleep and as I walk in a daze. I hope I am still your best friend for life as you now have angels as friends. 
I do know that this passing is not an easy one
and I really need you here...
but this feeling of being lost I'm sure will fade one day down the line...
but for now....our yesterdays are my today...our laughter of joy and pain are still ringing in my ear....
I miss you and I always will my dear....

No comments:

Post a Comment